Monday, September 5, 2011

Life as a reality TV show?

You know on the reality show, "Project Runway," when the competing designers have 30 minutes (or something) at the fabric store to buy everything they are going to need for their clothing line?  I have the feeling that my master's program is an equivalent time in my life.  I need to gather up all the knowledge I can during in the next sixteen months.  

Of course, I'll always be learning, but this period of school, unemployment, and bachelorhood is the time when learning will be easiest.  So many things could happen during my twenties:  education, career, love, children, and using my physically mature body for whatever it's capable of before it starts declining (I'm thinking ballet, but yes, 'children' is a related topic, here). 

The risk of elimination from the contest, life, is always there.  But the moment when the British lady in the sky says, "You're out," may well be due to chance, unrelated to success, failure or how well you chose your fabrics at Mood.

No comments: