Friday, September 30, 2011

Mother just as iconic as daughter

"I really have to pee," the little girl says in the crowded dressing room, as she changed out of her leotard and tights (oh so loose at that age).
"Makes sense; you've had quite a workout," the mother says.
"How do you know I had a workout?" the girl asks.  She's at the question age.
"I sar you dancing."
"Oh.  Did you see when I...?" Of course, the mother doesn't remember that very moment.
"Yes, yes; you're vehry graceful when you're dancing," the mother says, with a hint of sarcasm the daughter would not detect.  Maybe daughter isn't always graceful, particularly not when throwing a tantrum.
"Hey, you're a dancer, right?" mom says to a middle-aged woman changing out of her dance clothes. "What do you do for a sprain dankle?"
"I'd ice it and isolate it," the dancer replies.
"Ice it.  Okay.  And, like how lowng do I have ta wait?  Not like two weeks, right?"
"Well..."
"Can I, like, work out?  'Cawz otherwise, I'll kill myself."
"Well, just be careful.  Take Ibuprofen, ice it, isolate it."
"Is she a doctor, Mom?"
"No, she's not a dawctor, she's a dancer."

No comments: