Friday, July 26, 2013

The Letters of Katie Crenshaw: July 26, 2013

Darling,                        July 25, 2013
Not much to report. Today I noticed how the science section of McNally Jackson is full of books with God in the title. The God Delusion. The God Problem. The God Particle. God Created The Integers. Perhaps scientists should be wary of defending themselves against religion if the result is bringing God into the science section. The question of whether or not God exists, an unanswerable one, should not be there, in my opinion. I think it’s okay for science to study the way religion affects people but not to debate whether or not religion is valid. I understand that science and religion lay claim to similar territory, just as the world’s religions all claim the Holy Land. In that way, it makes sense that they overlap. I have not checked out the religion section for its selection of books covering evolution, math and physics.
       I took myself out to eat tonight. Gnocchi with mushroom sauce on Prince Street T’was good. I think I’ll continue Infinite Jest and go to sleep.

Love you,

Katie

No comments: